It’s That Time of Year – Be A Part of #GivingTuesday
#GivingTuesday is a social movement that was created to support and celebrate social impact organizations. Founded by the United Nations Foundation and 92nd Street Y, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving and an opportunity to partner with thousands of nonprofit organizations to make a difference. Fueled by social media, #GivingTuesday has grown exponentially since it’s inception in 2012. The campaign raises millions of dollars in one day by way of encouraging and instructing organizations to create inspiring fundraising campaigns around the movement. Garnering results we wish we could emulate, here’s what the #GivingTuesday campaign accomplished last year alone:
- Garnered support from 700,000 people
- Raised $116,000,000 online
- Involved 70 countries
We encourage you to take part in #GivingTuesday, whether it be giving your time, money, a gift or advocating for the movement in your community – see this day as an opportunity to give back and participate in a powerful, global event. To date, over 40,000 organizations in 71 countries have joined forces to give back, and it’s continuing to grow.
Here’s how you can be a part of the movement:
- Connect with an organization in your community to volunteer Help organizations execute successful #GivingTuesday campaigns by participating in local events, and have some fun, too.
- Donate to an organization Find the list of participating nonprofits here, and contribute to the goal of surpassing the amount raised last year!
- Spread the word At its core, #GivingTuesday is a social campaign, existing on and supported by social media. Share the #GivingTuesday message within your network and get your friends and family involved in the movement.
Your fundraising and volunteering efforts shouldn’t end when #GivingTuesday is over, though. Showing support for a cause you’re passionate about and giving back to those in need is something you can be a part of year round. Keep Fulfilling in mind for the other 364 days of the year to continue giving back to those in need so that both your heart and stomach stay full.